Plasma cutters are a significant consideration if you are exploring machines that would propel your sculpting. Whether you are an expert, a hobbyist, or a DIY, there is more you can do with the plasma cutters. Identifying the best CNC plasma table for the money you budget for usually is problematic.
The availability of several plasma cutters brings about confusion in distinguishing the best. Nevertheless, the Bailegh PT-22 CNC plasma cutting table is a preference for most users. This device is pre-set upon purchasing, an outstanding feature that saves time spent on trying to figure how to set it up. Furthermore, its package has a water bath that can drain water out, ensuring ease of use.
In A Hurry?
The Test Winner After 21 Hours Of Research:
01. Baileigh PT-22 CNC Plasma Cutting Table with 5" Casters, 110V
- Cutting area: 1500mm x 2500mm
- Installation Type: Plasma cutting
- Dimensions: 29” x 31”
- Weight: 500
This plasma cutter, branded by Baileigh is a unique machine in comparison to others. It comes with everything set, ready for use. Its alignment is already put in place, which makes it effective.
- The device has a water bath, which is an upgrade. Furthermore, the water bath has a valve that drains out dust and smoke.
- To operate this machine, you need a voltage of 110, which allows it to work perfectly.
- The machine comes with a standard type of torch that holds it when operating. One of the torches is automatic and can be configured to any torch
- Furthermore, its design has software that allows a user to design how the cuttings can be shaped using a USB stick.
- This machine has a hand-held pendant designed with jog controls for the X and Y that allows the regulation of starting and stopping.
- In-built with a software motor that has a lead screw drive. This feature makes the operations better.
- Its doors are hinged with an enclosure to motor controllers and electronics.
- This plasma table has 5” wheels that make it move easily
- Additionally, it has BobCad-Cam software, a program that has been standardized.
02. CNC Gas Oxyfuel Flame Plasma Cutting Table
- Cutting area: 1500mm x 2500mm
- Installation Type: Plasma cutting
- Dimensions: 118.11 x 98.43 x 39.37 inches
- Weight: 1320 pounds
It is considered as one of the best machines with quite specific features. The CNC gas Oxyfuel flame plasma cutting tool can be used for many operations, including heating, gouging, welding, soldering, cutting, and brazing.
- Its design has an automatic plasma torch height control, a feature that allows the working end does not get close to the material being cut.
- The working area is wide, measuring 59” X 98” that allows one to work on both small and larger metals.
- Besides, it has a control system that reads the U disk file that facilitates drawing the cutting.
- The gas requirements are LPG, propane, oxygen, or acetylene, which enable effective cutting.
- The software, StarCam allows drawing on your computer, then copy the drawing to the machine
03. STV Motorsports SparX510 5x10 STV CNC Plasma Table Reviews
- Cutting area: 1500mm x 2500mm
- Installation Type: Plasma cutting
- Dimensions: 144 x 83 x 58 in
- Weight: 450
The STV Motorsports SparX510 plasma cutting table’s design incorporates technology, which is high end and perfect in the CNC innovations.
- It has high accuracy motors that make it run efficiently together with the ground bearings, a feature that distinguishes it from the rest.
- All its wires are correctly fixed, something that rids a user the worry of managing them.
- Furthermore, USB technology enables a user to operate the machine together with a computer for great designs.
- The inclusion of a water table makes operations better with less or no struggles at all.
- In case you need a similar cutting, the machine has an automatic procedure for the same.
- Inclusively, the MyPlasmicCNS software that ensures a user can update the program free of charge.
What is a CNC plasma table?
Once you have purchased a plasma cutter, you need to figure out how it works. The plasma CNC plasma table is the design surface you use while cutting your metals. It is where you attach your plasma torch, ready for work. Fortunately, you do not have to struggle to locate it because it comes with the machine.
How to choose the best CNC plasma table for money?
As cited earlier, you may have conflicts about selecting the best plasma table. Nevertheless, several features can help you in concluding the best machine. Such features, among others, include the following.
For any plasma cutter to function efficiently, its design, among many other components, is the software. The software allows the machine to start operation when put to work. Examples of the software include sheetcam, which gives a user the ability to control the cut parameters, actual edge 2D drafting, and gimp drawing software.
2. Smoke and ventilation
While running plasma cutting operations, fumes are produced. The smoke can be poisonous and harmful to an individual’s health. An exemplary plasma machine has a ventilation channel to get rid of the smoke produced.
3. Construction and material
Before selecting a plasma cutter, you could inquire about the material used in manufacturing. Plasma cutters are either made of steel or aluminum. Depending on the kind and size of the material to cut, you can conclude which one is suitable for your purchase.
4. Motor strength
The motor controls how the plasma torch functions. Finding a plasma table that is stronger and reliable is a must-check. Examples of motor that serve best include servo, whose service is more robust. It coordinates with the machine’s controller sending accurate signals.
5. Quality of the table design
The table’s design and quality play a significant role when it comes to plasma table operations. If a plasma cutter table is heavy, the performance may not be impressive because of the inability to control the accuracy and speed. Considering a lightweight would be a brilliant idea.
6. Types of a project or where to use
If you are looking for a plasma table for home or hobby purposes, then you can opt for the ones that of learners. On the other hand, if your project is professional and industrial or construction use, then you can purchase the ones suitable for this task.
7. Wide application
The plasma tables vary concerning the application. Bearing in mind the sizes of your cuttings and material is among the criteria to consider when selecting a plasma table.
8. Cutting area and speed
A commendable plasma table is one whose cutting rate can be estimated per minute. If you need to have more cuttings, then a machine whose cutting speed is higher compared to the others would be your solution. The cutting area and capacity influence your choice, as well.
The warranty for plasma tables varies depending on the model, size, and efficiency. A warranty offers you a place to seek consideration, help, and replacement if need be. It is, therefore, essential that you find a warranty that covers the machine for at least a year.
Most of the plasma tables have consumables such as nozzles, electrode, shield cap, swirl cap, and retaining cap that need replacement. However, when making a purchase, ensure that you identify a device whose consumables last longer.
11. CNC control
An exemplary plasma table should have a managing system. This way, you can monitor, alter, and customize certain specifications.
12. Control height
You must consider the provision of a control height. This inclusion ensures cutting’s long life. A well-packaged machine has a control height feature.
How can you choose between a plasma system and oxyfuel cutting systems?
Both experts and learners experience difficulties concerning the choice of a plasma cutting system and oxyfuel cutting systems. Luckily, several features can influence your choice. Here is a look at the variations.
Whereas the plasma cutting systems operate gouging and cutting services, the oxyfuel is versatile. The latter additionally can be used for brazing, heating, soldering, and cutting. Furthermore, the plasma cutters’ services apply to lighter metals like aluminum and steel, and the oxyfuel can operate on thicker metals like ferrous.
2. Size and thickness on cuttings
If you want large cuttings, then opting for an oxyfuel system is necessary. This system cuts finely up to six inches. On the other hand, plasma cutting methods have a limit depending on the model. A majority of these machines can cut up to one inch, which is considered as a maximum severance.
3. Gas requirements
Most plasma cutting systems have pre-set gas like nitrogen and oxygen, which reduces the challenge of trying to acquire a specific gas. Concerning the oxyfuel, a user is forced to incur an additional cost of the gas for operations, which include propane.
4. Safety operations
While operating the oxyfuel, a user has an advantage of the provision of long cables that increase the distance between the working area and the user. On the other hand, the plasma cutting system may not offer this safety requirement, which places an operator at risk of injury. However, a remedy could be a user has the option of wearing protective equipment.
The prices of either system are a factor to consider. The costs include the first purchasing, consumables, and maintenance costs. The plasma systems may be affordable and relatively cheap to maintain. In contrast, oxyfuel systems are pricey both in terms of acquisition and maintenance.
6. Purpose of purchase
Like any other item, there is a motivation to buying it. For learners, buying a plasma cutting system would be an option to explore. As for the expert, you can consider trying the oxyfuel, significantly if the metals to cut are a bit thicker.
7. Ease of use
Figuring out how either of these systems functions without difficulty is something that influences the choice. The oxyfuel cutter operates automatically, yet requires you not only to be on guard for any possible malfunctioning but also to set and maintain the flame’s steadiness. This tactic appears to be risky since it would take time to master it. On the other hand, plasma cutting technology has a manual that is not difficult to follow.
8. Cut quality and design
Considering the cutting’s quality and design is another factor to bear in mind. As much as both of them give quality, the preference varies. Furthermore, the designs that can be cut influence a person’s decision. If you are considering acquiring either for artistic purposes, then the plasma technology would be a perfect choice. As for consideration concerning thickness quality and design, then your alternative is the oxyfuel machine.
What makes the plasma cutting system different from oxyfuel technology unique?
As technology sprouts innovations, the plasma system and oxyfuel are products of such. Most users of the welding systems opt for either because of specific features. So what distinguishes the plasma cutting system from the latter?
- It cuts materials that conduct electricity, such as aluminum, bronze, and copper, with up to two inches severance.
- It can be used for fabrications, sculpting, art, farm work, DIY, and hobbyist activities.
- The production is relatively good, depending on the power source and the output voltage.
- Successful operations can be run without preheating the metals, which saves the time to spend on running operations.
- In terms of versatile options, it can cut different designs and shapes.
- If set up well and operations run as they should, damages may be out of the picture.
- Some machines are portable, depending on the model and size.
- Affordable and easy to use by both DIY and professionals.
- The availability of a variety of models and designs gives users multiple options for acquisition.
Cons of the plasma cutting system
- Some engines need to be set up by users to enable operations.
- Maintenance should be done more often.
- The cutting size is limited up to two inches.
Have a look at what makes the oxyfuel unique.
- Cuts metals that are thicker than one inch (up to 24 inches).
- This system is assembled to enable immediate use—no need to figure out how to fix it and operate.
- Automatically cuts metals that have iron upon enabling the operation.
- The operations are cheaper to run upon purchase.
- It is efficient and reliable since it does not require compressed air.
- It functions without requiring an additional power source. The tip design options and gas facilitate operations. This way, you can use it anywhere, even in the absence of a power source.
- Its operations are applicable in big projects, which include construction, maintenance, automotive, and repairs.
- It is portable
- This system’s operations range from welding, soldering, gouging, brazing, to bending metals. Additionally, it can be used to heat metals for excellent functioning. This can be well done by combining it with a torch.
Cons of oxyfuel technology
Any other machine has shortcomings. Here is a list of oxyfuel technology
- If its operation is not correctly run, the possibility of damage and harm is inevitable. It is, therefore, recommended that a user puts on protective equipment.
- It uses an open flame for its functioning.
- Preheating of metals is a requirement.
- The device can only cut ferrous metals.
- Quite expensive when it comes to maintenance.
Many manufacturers are emerging and aiding the production of plasma tables. This move proves beneficial since you can acquire a suitable device as per your preferences. However, it is vital to get the best CNC plasma table for the money you are budgeting for.
What is the best CNC plasma table?
As much as there exists a variety of CNC plasma tables, distinguishing the best from the rest usually poses a challenge to buyers. Nonetheless, identifying the best would be in terms of value, budget, project type, and premium operations.
How much does a CNC plasma table cost?
Although there may be many plasma tables in the market, they all vary in prices. The variation depends on the quality of the machine, model, and type. However, they range from $200 and could be as pricey as well, depending on the highlighted features.
Can you make money with a plasma table?
The answer is a solid yes. From a learner to an expert, there are more ways you can make money using a plasma table. The activities range from working for construction sites to welding activities. Whichever your option, making money is inevitable.
What can you make with a plasma table?
If you are trying to figure out what you can do with the plasma table, then there are many ideas. You can skillfully make art pieces, signs, decor, and gates, among others. Take the challenge and put your creativity to test and see what you can come up with it.
Can I make a plasma cutting table?
Absolutely, let not the advancing of technology hinder you from your hobby. Furthermore, it is economical since you can improvise it as per your design and make adjustments where necessary.
Last Updated on December 14, 2020 by weldinghubs